||Available to Order
Tenor Madness uses the finest grade materials available, with careful attention paid to detail. You decide what kind of resonator, pad, and pad treatment you would like us to use. Each player, instrument, and mouthpiece makes a unique combination- a combination we try to take into consideration when we repair your instrument. Baritone sax by quote only. Please email us with any questions or to set up a repair appointment.
Basic saxophone overhaul process:
- Disassembly and careful cleaning of the instrument with mild detergent.
- Body is checked for proper alignment and straightened if necessary.
- Minor dent work.
- All keys are swedged to remove lateral play.
- Excessive wear removed from post to hinge rod.
- Pads cups checked on jeweler's anvil for flatness.
- Tone holes addressed.
- Refit tenon and receiver.
- All new pads (your choice of pad type and resonator type)
- Key corks, felts and neck cork installed (premium cork and hat felt used for key regulation and silencing).
- Springs replaced as needed (OEM springs directly from Paris).
- Meticulously regulated to customers specifications
- Wiped down, oiled and play tested.
Our basic mechanical overhaul comes with a one year warranty on all work performed. For more information, please visit our warranties page.