||Out of stock. Available for special order.
Please fill out this form if you are interested in repair work. Continue scrolling if you'd like to see a detailed description of our clarinet mechanical restoration.
Tenor Madness uses the finest grade materials available, with careful attention paid to detail. You decide what kind of pads you would like us to use. Each customer has his or her preference regarding spring tension, key heights, key placement, etc. With this in mind, the more information you can give us, the easier it is for us to tailor the instrument to your needs.
Clarinet mechanical overhaul process:
- Disassemble and gently clean the instrument
- Carefully inspect body for any cracking or other leaks, fill and repair as needed. Serious cracks requiring pinning, banding, new tone holes, etc. will be discussed with the customer.
- Tone holes addressed (fill in grains/pits, level, recut pad seat).
- Oil the clarinet body. When finished oiling, the body will be gently buffed and polished inside and out.
- Keys are cleaned and polished. Replating services available at an additional charge.
- Keys are swedged as needed to remove excessive play and noise.
- Springs are inspected and changed as needed. Changing more than half of the springs will incur an additional charge.
- All new pads installed (your choice of pads-synthetic, cork, leather, or gore-tex, etc.), and resonators if wanted.
- Tenon corks are replaced and all joints properly fit.
- Key corks, felts, and all other adjustment materials installed and regulated.
- Meticulously regulated to customers specifications.
- Wiped down, oiled, and play tested.
Our mechanical overhaul comes with a one-year warranty on all work performed. For more information, please visit our warranties page.